Rescuing Children, Securing Safety and Education, Building Bright Futures
On behalf of Breaking the Chain Through Education (BTCTE), we would like to invite you and/or your company to become a community sponsor at our 2018 Gala to be held on November 15th at The Wilshire Grand Hotel in West Orange, NJ.
BTCTE is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that strives to eradicate child trafficking in Ghana, Africa. So far we have rescued 76 children from a life of servitude. After rescue, we fund these children’s rehabilitation and education, and we support and counsel them and their families until they achieve financial stability and a path toward success. To increase educational opportunities in impoverished regions in Ghana, we have built a school and help maintain several other schools.
BTCTE was established in 2012 by Verona resident and Metuchen High School teacher Evan Robbins. It began as an outgrowth of Evan’s social studies class with students who were motivated to “break the chain” of child trafficking. Over the years, community members in Middlesex, Essex and Bergen Counties have joined forces with us. High school clubs have been formed in Metuchen, West Orange, Livingston and Fair Lawn. Rotary Clubs, Elks Clubs, Borough Improvement Leagues, churches and synagogues have also supported this worthy mission.
Your sponsorship is very important to us and would be acknowledged at our event with signage as well as in our journal. We invite you to be a sponsor at the levels below:
· $6,000—Funds the rescue and rehabilitation of a child who is currently trafficked. Entitles you to 8 tickets to our gala and a platinum full-page ad in our journal.
· $3,000— Covers tuition for 1 year of university education for a formerly trafficked child. Entitles you to 6 tickets to our gala and a gold full-page ad in our journal.
· $1,500— Covers tuition for 1 year of boarding school for a formerly trafficked child. Entitles you to 4 tickets and a silver full-page ad in our journal.
· $500—Funds a laptop for one of our college/vocational students. Entitles you to 2 tickets to our gala and a bronze full-page ad in our journal.
· $300—Covers the cost of school supplies for 15 students for 1 year. Entitles you 1 ticket to our gala and a full-page ad in our journal.
· $150- Covers lunch and small daily allowance for one student for 1 trimester. Entitles you to a ¼-page ad in our journal.
We would be honored if you joined us at our gala. This inspirational evening will include dinner, speakers, live music and a silent auction. To learn more, please contact us or visit us at www.btcte.org. We will be in touch with you soon to discuss the possibility of a sponsorship.
Evan Robbins, President